Hello DELTA SAILING ASSOCIATION members! It will be several months until sailing season but here is some news from DELTA SAILING ASSOCIATION.
- The Annual Banquet usually held in February has been canceled. Public health requirements and the resulting logistics have made that impossible. Instead, the Board will consider an outdoor event like a cookout sometime in the coming months. If we can make this work, the date, location, and other plans will be determined IF health conditions allow.
- As we move into the next few months, we will hold several dock working sessions to rebuild one entire dock section and repair several others. Work sessions happen on Saturdays and we will be sure to get the word out for volunteers.
- Cleanup of the Corp’s Hernando Point campground has been slow since the January 11, 2020 tornado and as well none of the downed trees and limbs on the DSA lot have been removed. DSA work sessions with chainsaws may help to reduce the size of the slash piles until we can get rid of it.
- As well, there is still no running water being provided by the Corps at Hernando Point. This means no functioning heads. This could impact DSA’s plans to host a Lightning District Regatta in June.
- An auction of four project boats in as-is, where-is condition will be held in late April or early May on the day we launch docks. A Hobie 16, an 18, a Lightning, and Chrysler Pirateer are included
Our club’s need for its members to step up and support DSA has never been greater. The turnout last spring to clean up after the tornado showed the strong willingness of all members to keep our unique and affordable facility going. Not only do we need your help in the coming work sessions, but we also need your DUES PAYMENT. A 2021 DSA MEMBERSHIP FORM IS ATTACHED.
SEE YOU AT THE LAKE!
Tim Ryan, DSA Commodore
Lynn Jones, Secy/Treas